Support Our Work
The ADA was an important step in the fight for equality for people with disabilities, but there is still much work to do to achieve that equality.
An estimated 1.9 million children and adults living in North Carolina have a disability. Disability Rights North Carolina exists to serve every one of them. This year, more than 4,000 people with disabilities will contact Disability Rights NC for help. Support the right of people with disabilities to live an independent life in the communities of their choice by supporting Disability Rights NC.
Your donation will allow us to provide services that our federal grant funding does not cover, such as maintaining a strong voice with state policymakers and legislators. Without our voice at the table, many state laws protecting the rights of people with disabilities would never be put into effect.
Make a Donation Today
- Give online with a credit card
- Mail a check to:
Disability Rights North Carolina
3724 National Drive, Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27612
Disability Rights NC is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization. Donations made to Disability Rights NC are 100% tax deductible.
Other Ways to Give
There are many ways to provide financial support for the work of Disability Rights North Carolina in addition to a cash donation or planned giving.
- NC State Employees Combined Campaign
- Disability Rights North Carolina participates in the SECC for state employees. Our participant number is 1544.
- Did you know that a part of every purchase you make online can be donated to Disability Rights NC? When you shop through Goodshop, up to 20% of what you spend can be donated at no cost to you.
- Sign up today and select Disability Rights North Carolina as your “cause”.
- AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
- To shop on AmazonSmile, you must start at smile.amazon.com. Select “Disability Rights North Carolina” as your charity.
- Planned Giving
- Leave a legacy to show that your life made a difference and to serve as a long-standing memorial of what you believed was important. Many people delay estate planning and planned charitable giving or never seem to find the time at all. But this can be an easy way to support a nonprofit organization doing work you believe is important.
- Two of the most common ways to make a planned gift are through a Last Will and Testament and through life insurance. It is easy to identify Disability Rights North Carolina as a recipient of a percentage of your estate, a defined benefit amount, or an asset. Or you can designate Disability Rights North Carolina as a beneficiary or co-beneficiary on your life insurance policy. Based on your overall financial plan, either of these options are a good way to make a meaningful gift and receive tax benefits.
- Contact Vicki Smith at email@example.com or 919-856-2195 to discuss how you can join others who have set up planned gifts to ensure the future of Disability Rights North Carolina and its work to improve the lives of people with all types of disabilities.
Many thanks to the individuals and businesses who have supported us so far in 2018!